Monday, April 18, 2011

Giant Meatloaf



When you're making meatloaf for a whole mess of people, the average size loaf just won't do! This recipe is adapted from the meatloaf my mom used to make for me, every year on my birthday (and often in between), when I'd insist it's what I wanted for dinner.



(Makes 16 servings)

  • 3 lbs ground beef
  • 6 stalks celery, chopped
  • 2 white onions, chopped
  • 1 tbsp minced garlic
  • 9 slices white bread, broken into ½ in pieces
  • 3 eggs
  • ½ cup ketchup
  • 2 tbsp soy sauce
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp black pepper
  • ketchup for garnish

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
  2. Mix all ingredients thoroughly. This is best done with your hands, protected by a pair of latex/rubber/whatever gloves.
  3. Form into a loaf shape in a baking dish or a cookie sheet. Drizzle ketchup over top of loaf.
  4. Bake for 60 - 75 minutes, until the meatloaf reaches an internal temperature of 145 degrees F.

No comments: